German eye of round
* The minimum order for custom packages is 500 lei.
* Add the items to your cart based on the desired kilograms (if you want 5 kg of this item, enter no.5 in the quantity field).
* The total weight of the order is for reference only, and the calculation displayed at the order completion is approximate.
Refrigerated/frozen. Individually vacuum-packed cut.
1,4 – 1,8 kg/piece
The German rump steak comes from the middle part of the hindquarter and features striated muscle fiber, similar in shape to the fillet muscle. While it is used for movement, it has less fat marbling in the fiber. This cut is very suitable for dishes based on indirect heat, grilling, or slow cooking.
Common names: heel muscle
- Classic oven cooking or braising/boiling in dishes like stews or goulash.
- Slow cooking at a low temperature in a covered pot or in the oven for an extended period, with aromatic liquids such as broth, wine, or tomatoes. This method helps tenderize the meat and enrich it with flavorful aromas.
- Smoking with the addition of wood smoke. This method imparts a smoky flavor to the meat.
- Sous vide cooking by vacuum-sealing and submerging the meat in a controlled water bath for an extended period. This method ensures even cooking and can result in a tender dish.
The healthiest method of cooking food is at a low temperature over a long period of time. This allows
For this cooking method the most important thing is to use a good, heavy pan…
Larger or thicker pieces of beef are best suited to oven cooking. Although more time-consuming,…
You can also find this item
Provenance and traceability - from the farm in Sibiu
From grass to beef, from farm to your plate!
Premium Angus beef is produced in Sibiu, in an area with a gastronomic story. The meat is naturally and wholesomely sourced from Angus cattle raised in a low-stress environment.
The superior quality of the beef starts from top Angus genetics and the development of its quality is pursued throughout the entire production process. Quality development is carried out from calving, nursing the calf by the mother, until 7-8 months, rearing in an extensive pasture system, natural fodder produced on our farm, for the winter period and carefully selected fodder recipes, for fattening, according to the principles of sustainable agriculture, that we wok by.
The specificity of Angus beef is given by the degree of marbling, tenderness, juiciness and taste. The local product comes from a fully controlled process of production, that creates a link between the cultural traditions of the area we work in, and the innovative system, resulting in a natural, healthy and tasty product.
Find out more about Premium Angus production farm – Karpaten Meat Group.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to the weekly newsletter and receive offers, preparation, and cooking tips or information about Angus beef.
When subscribing you will get a 5% welcome discount!