THE IMPORTANCE OF
FAT IN ANGUS BEEF
Just as any other aliment, the beef fat has an important contribution to our health as long as we do not exaggerate in it’s consumption.
- The fat from our Angus cattle is obtained from a well finishing process, based on carefully selected feeds and comes only from natural feeds.
- Fat is an essential element of Angus beef. The genetics of this breed together with a well-developed fattening and finishing process leads to a superior and consistent quality.
- The Angus cattle developed fat can be found at the exterior of the entire carcass and also at the intramuscular level, marbling the beef.
- The main role of fat is to provide taste and tenderness. A good proportion of fat will always provide a major plus of quality.
- Another important role that fat has, refers to maturation and so it offers a breakthrough in the fiber breakage.
- During cooking it provides a favorable environment to browning and browning is the factor that decisively contributes to the ultimate taste of a steak. It is more important than spice, if we want to have a steak as close as possible to the original idea.
- The taste depends on the fat, it has to be juicy and with a special flavor
- Also, fat is an important source of energy for the body;
- Beef fat is monosaturated (oleic acid); these types of fat are important for the heart health;
- Beef fat contains also polyunsaturated fats that improve the cholesterol levels in the blood;